Studios Apartments Karpathos
Festivals that "run" all year round!
With many festivals and festivals scattered throughout the year, the Carpathians give life to temples and chapels, feasting, dancing and singing in honor of their saints in an informal competition, where each village tries to make its festival better than the festivals of the others villages.
The most important festivals are:
- 10/02 Agios Charalambos - Aperi
- 25/03 Evangelistrias - Pigadia
- 23/04 Agios Georgios - Lefkos
- 17/07 Agia Marina - Menetes
- 27/07 Agios Panteleimonas - Stes (Othos)
- 27/07 Agios Panteleimonas - Katodio (Aperi)
- 06/08 Christ - Othos
- 06/08 Christou - Valantou (Aperi)
- 15/08 August 15 in Menetes, Pyles, Aperi and Olympus
- 22/08 Tis Panagia - Kyra Panagia (Aperi)
- 23/08 Of Panagia Mertonitissa - Mertonas (Aperi)
- 28/08 Agios Ioannis - Lakki, Olympus (Vroukounta)
- 29/08 Agios Ioannis - Lori (Aperi)
- 07/09 Larniotissa - Pigadia
- 08/09 Panagia Vrysianni - Mesochori
- 08/09 Panagia tis Plagias - Volada
- 14/09 Exaltation of the Holy Cross - Gates
- 17/09 Hagia Sophia - Arkasa
- 03/11 Agios Georgios - Spoa
Also in the Municipal District of Volada every year a Wine Festival is organized. Many people gather to taste the wine that the locals make in their presses, the "wine of Adam", as they call it.